A Typical Day at Spirit Bear Lodge
Creating memorable experiences in the Great Bear Rainforest.
|Everyday at Spirit Bear Lodge is unique, we visit many diverse and awe-inspiring locations in search of wildlife.
Tours vary depending on recent wildlife sightings, guest interests, and weather. Some days could be spent waiting patiently in one river system for wildlife to appear, while others could involve visiting several locations.
For the more adventurous, we offer hiking, kayaking, and canoeing options in some of nature’s most stunning places.
Kitasoo Xai’xais culture is integrated into each day through spending time with local guides, visiting cultural sites, and learning the history of the Kitasoo/Xai’xais people.
Our staff share their intimate knowledge of traditional foods, medicinal plants, and stories passed down through generations.
Our goal is to deliver a transformative experience through complete immersion in nature by sharing our appreciation for the The Great Bear Rainforest .
Itineraries vary based on guest interests, weather and wildlife activity.
DAY 1 – ARRIVE AT SPIRIT BEAR LODGE
- Pacific Coastal Airlines scheduled flight Vancouver to Bella Bella
- You are met and assisted with a van transfer to the Bella Bella town docks
- Our boat awaits, this is where your adventure begins!
- Search for wildlife on your way to Spirit Bear Lodge for an afternoon arrival
- After checking in, enjoy a late lunch and a welcome orientation
- You will be guided to the traditional Big House for a unique cultural experience
- Return to the lodge for appetizers, drinks followed by dinner and a relaxing evening
DAY 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, GREAT BEAR RAINFOREST
- 7am breakfast, meet on the dock at 8am for a day of adventure
- Activities may include:
- wildlife/bear viewing
- whale watching
- kayaking or canoeing
- visit ancient Indigenous cultural sites
- We explore lush estuaries, stunning inlets with immense waterfalls and granite cliffs
- Return in time for appetizers and dinner
- Each evening may include a presentation or cultural discussion
DEPARTURE DAY KLEMTU -BELLA BELLA - VANCOUVER
- After breakfast, pack up and depart the lodge by 8am to Bella Bella
- Soak in the serenity of the Great Bear Rainforest your final morning with us
- Depart on Pacific Coastal Airlines flight back to Vancouver
- You arrive at Vancouver South Terminal where your package comes to an end
- Breakfast and snacks included today
Remote, Wild and Pristine
It was wonderful, very comfortable, good food, many amazing people: staff and visitors....I lived my dream and the lodge made it happen.... Van Fem
This place is terrific. Everything from the rooms to the service to the food to the excursions....even the town of Klemtu, was a blend of charm and excitement. Yes we saw spirit bears but there was so much more. Stunning scenery, humpback whales feeding, orcas, grizzly bear mother with cubs, more stunning scenery. It felt magical, but also felt like being home. roaming souls